- Promote and advocate Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) for all NNSA employees.
- Create an environment that embraces and values all of our employees and is free of discrimination.
- Plan, coordinate, and implement the EEO/AA Program objectives and policies in accordance with DOE Headquarters; Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC); and the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) guidelines.
- Provide quality customer service to NNSA management and employees with technical advice on all matters relating to the EEO/AA Program.
- OCR’s initiatives to accomplish their mission:
- Coordinate the NNSA EEO Counselors Program. You may contact any NNSA counselor to ask questions about the EEO complaints process, or to pursue informal counseling.
- Coordinate the NNSA Mediation Program. Mediation is an effective program, utilizing third-party neutrals, to address disputes and resolve conflict. The conflict can be EEO-related, or non-EEO related, arising in the workplace.
- Process, within all timeframes of the Code of Federal Regulations, the administrative portion of any formal EEO complaint.
- Provide twice per year, workforce statistics on NNSA organizations by: total number of employees; pay levels; male and female; age; years of federal service; retirement eligibility; race and gender; and supervisor to employee ratio.
- Provide, at year-end, a summary of workforce changes from the prior fiscal year, to include the workforce statistics, as well as: accessions, separations (including reasons for same), and promotions.
- Maintain an educated staff to provide quality advisory services to managers, employees, applicants for employment, and other information-seekers.
- Develop and deliver required training to employees and managers so that you are aware of your rights and responsibilities regarding EEO and Affirmative Action at all times while employed by NNSA.
For information on Special Emphasis Programs, contact the Office of Civil Rights.
- Call toll free 1-800-825-5256, enter 845-5517 at the voice prompt
- TTY device for hearing impaired: TTY number is 1-866-872-1011
- Email EEODiversityOffice@doeal.gov